...Beauty, cleaning, DIY tips and more - free to join!
   Login   Contact us   Site map   Puzzle Club   Ask a question    Newsletter

Help me

how do you cancel dinw this fraction 18/24
Question asked by: paige.boo

Asked on: 24 Oct 2009


The only thing you need to bear in mind is that whatever you do to the top of the fraction, you must also do to the bottom of the fraction.

So if we divide by 3 on each side, we get 6/8.

Now we can divide by two to get 3/4 and that is the lowest form of the fraction.

By: knowitall
Replied at: 25 Oct 2009
Rate Answer
Comment or provide your answer to this question
No comments have been added to this question "Help me ".
Ask a New Question

Find out more about Maths

Maths Questions and Answers

fractions Questions and Answers

Next question: 10 percent of 30 plus 30 percent of 50 =?

Become a Member! It's Free >>>

Share on Facebook: On Twitter: TwitterTweet this!

More Questions:

What Is A Number Greater Then A Hundred And Can Be Divided By 4, With No Remainder
Sailors & Soldiers
Write The Units Digit Of The Cube Of 5922,77774,44447,125125125.
A Roof Rafter Is Needed To Span A Legth Of 15m For A Roof Rise Of 8m.a Carpenter Cuts A Rafter Of 18m.find The Distance Of The Rafter Span?
What Is The Next Number?