...Beauty, cleaning, DIY tips and more - free to join!
   Login   Contact us   Site map   Puzzle Club   Ask a question    Newsletter

I need to hang a pair of shutter doors on the bathroom door frame. The door frame is metal. What type of screws do I use to put the hinge on the metal door frame? Is there a special technique for doing this?

Question asked by: knowitall

Yes you do indeed need special screws for metal.

The best ones to use have a logical name - they are called sheet metal screws.

Best bet: go into local DIY store and talk through what you want with the staff. Someone there should be able to recommend the best screw and tool to do the job.

Good luck and be careful!

By: Unknown
star star star star
Average rating for this answer is 4 / 5

Rate Answer
Comment or provide your answer to this question

Comments and other answers:

Use rivets instead of screws
By: kmiddlemass

Date of comment: Tue, Jan 24th 2006

Ask a New Question

Find out more about Diy

Diy Questions and Answers

around the house Questions and Answers

Next question: How do I drill a hole in stone tiles?

Become a Member! It's Free >>>

Share on Facebook: On Twitter: TwitterTweet this!

Question Keywords

door  frame  metal  hinge  special  technique  type  

More Questions:

I Wish To Install An Outside Wall Light Can I Run Wiring Along The Outside Wall ?
Hi, How Can I Remove Glue Residue From My Wood Steps? I Removed The Carpet And Padding And They Were Left Sticky. Thanks!
How Can I Keep My Paint In Good Condition?
I Am Installing Towel Rails Onto Mosaic Tiles. Should I Drill Into The Tile Or The Grout?
Landscaping Ideas