...Beauty, cleaning, DIY tips and more - free to join!
   Login   Contact us   Site map   Puzzle Club   Ask a question    Newsletter

Diets And The 80 / 20 Rule

Health And Fitness : Toning Your Body

Have you heard of the 80 / 20 rule when it comes to dieting?

This is a popular rule that you'll often see mentioned in magazine articles when it comes to dieting and losing weight.

The 80 / 20 rule says that you eat the best possible food that you can 80% of the time, and then allowing yourself a little more latitude when it comes to the remaining 20% of your diet.

So for instance with your main meals that form 80% of your diet you would spend time and effort ensuring that you find the best and most nutritious meal of the type you want and that it is low in calories, has the right sorts of fats for you and so on.

Then with the rest you allow yourself to have a little treat - for instance you might have some chocolate or something like that.

The idea is that having balance in the diet is a good thing and just depriving yourself all the time leads to cravings and a diet that is very hard to stick to.


By: Stacy

Share on Facebook: On Twitter: TwitterTweet this!

  Reply to Diets And The 80 / 20 Rule

  Receive Our Newsletter




Questions about diets:

Ask question

More Articles:
Headache causes and cures
How to have a healthy vegetarian diet
Eczema and what foods effect it