How To Gain A Fresh Insight In An Exam
|Education : English|
During an English exam, a million and one things will be going through your head when examining a text:
- what are the topic sentences
- what are the facts
- what is opinion
- what are the pictures (if any) communicating
- how emotive is the language
- does the conclusion follow from the facts
- is the author biased or simply presenting facts
- could I easily argue against the text
- do I agree with the text, and why / why not
One thing that you may be oblivious to is the FORMAT of the text: its layout and presentation. But this too can give good insight.
For instance, if a leaflet, it is almost certainly trying to inform you and persuade you both at once, and may be propaganda of some sort.
Questions about GCSE English: