Icebreaker: My Life
|Business : Icebreakers|
This one is best used for a group of people meeting each other for the first time, example: a training course.
One of the best ways to get people to know each other without the tiresome round-the-room intro's is to get them to tell My Life story.
- give each person some flipchart paper
- fold in half then again to make a 'book'
- on the front cover, write the name of a film or a song as the title
- inside cover: write the following:
where you were born, your first job, and how long you have been working for your company
- next page: draw a picture of your family
- back cover: write your career goals and ambitions: where do you see yourself in ten years? What would you like to achieve?
Once this is done (give them ten minutes), ask each member to spend 2 -3 minutes telling their life story to the group.
It's a great way to get people to know each other in a new group.
You can clearly adapt the tasks and what they write for any particular situation.
Questions about team building: