A Healthy Diet To Prevent Diabetes
|Health And Fitness : Dieting Tips|
Here are the recommendations given by the American Diabetes Society for a healthy diet to prevent diabetes.
It is also suitable as a diet to use for steady, gentle loss of weight if you are looking to combine the two.
* Grain - 6-11 servings per day (Bread, Cereal, Rice, Pasta)
* Vegetables - 3-5 servings per day
* Fruits - 2-4 servings per day
* Milk - 2-3 servings per day
* Meat - 4-6 ounces per day (Meat, eggs, fish, dried beans, nuts and peanut butter)
* Fats, Sweets - Occasional treats
Questions about diet: