How To Check For Carbon Monoxide
|Health And Fitness : Hygiene|
Everyone should check their home for levels of carbon monoxide and ensuring that they are safe.
This is a colourless and odourless gas, thatn can kill you in high enough concentration. That's because it stops the oxygen in your body as it binds with haemoglobin in the blood in preference to oxygen.
It might be structurally not far off carbon dioxide, but it is a killer.
And high levels can occur in homes, sometimes due to a fireplace that is not working correctly for instance.
There are many simple detector kits out there on the market for this gas, and you should do a test every so often to check levels in the house are not too high.
Questions about hygiene: