Interviews And Finding The Right Employer For You
|Career : Your Career Values
At an interview there are questions you can ask to find out if the company values people with your values, and if therefore it is a place where you would feel valued, motivated and would like to work.
You should therefore ask questions around:
- the hierarchy of the company
- how decisions are made
- the flexibility around hours (e.g. if you need to leave early)
- the community involvement of the company
- how well defined each role is and how much flexibility a person has
- the emphasis (or not) placed on training
- company and team culture
These are all essential to building up a picture for yourself of the company and whether it is the right place for you.
Questions about the right job: