How To Apply Eyeliner
|Beauty : Cosmetics|
Eyeliner can be one of the trickiest things to use, but when applied properly the effects can be amazing. Most people use an eyeliner pencil because they think is will be easier, but with a bit of practice, liquid eyeliner can be used successfully too, so that either way you end up with a nice straight line.
Eyeliner ApplicationBefore you begin applying the eyeliner, there are a few things you should do; firstly, apply any other eye makeup you want to use before adding eye liner and mascara. It may also be helpful if you remove dangly bracelets and watches as they can often get in the way or just become irritating distractions. Make sure you have a good mirror and lighting so that you can properly see what you are doing when using the eyeliner.
Eyeliner Pencil1. The eyeliner pencil should be able to draw a thin, unbroken line along your skin - test it on your hand or arm first. Either sharpen it until the line is thin enough, or if it is too thin, draw a line on a tissue, which will make the tip blunter.
2. You should hold the eyeliner pencil as you would hold a pencil or pen to write with, usually with your dominant hand. Use your other hand to stretch the eye you are going to line from the outer corner. You can rest your hand holding the pencil against the hand pulling your lid taut.
3. Don't try to focus on your whole eye lid at one time - just look at the part you are drawing on. The line should be just above your eye lashes on the top lid and just below on the bottom, and should extend just to the outer corner of your eye.
4. Be wary if your eyeliner pencil tip is quite dry, as this may pull at delicate eye tissue. Draw the line with care if this is the case.
Liquid Eyeliner1. Liquid eyeliner comes in a bottle rather like ink, and you must use a separate brush to apply. The best result will come from a point liner brush.
2. It is natural to close your eye as you draw the line, but if you keep it open, it will actually make it easier to follow the curve of your lid and thus have a straighter line.
3. You do not need to try and paint a continuous line with liquid eyeliner. It is actually easier to pain a few small dashes onto the lash line, eg. Inner corner, middle and outer corner, then go back and connect them.
4. If you want a thicker line than this initial thin one, build it up gradually. Start at the middle of the lash line and draw towards the outer corner. You can extend the line slightly past the outer corner of your eyelid if you wish.
Common Eyeliner Mistakes:If you do make a mistake while applying liner in either pencil or liquid form, then it is easily corrected - just keep some eye makeup remover close to hand, and gently dab at the area you wish to remove with a small amount on the end.
More eyeliner advice
Rest your elbow on the table with the mirror directly in front of your face to keep your hand steady. Kneel on the floor if you need to.
If u look down into a mirror while drawing your line, it is easier to apply..
If your pencil is too "sticky" and doesn't glide on very easily, hold the point over a flame for a second--the liner will glide on! Let it cool first lol.
It also helps to run your pencil under hot water for a couple of seconds...to soften the pencil..
If you think your pencil color is too light, then you can put it above a lighter for a few seconds, but be careful becuase the pencil could catch on fire or melt the tip off..
I have been told to only put eyeliner from the outside corner to the middle of the puple. Is that correct?.
I put liquid eyeliner on the bottom lid, and it does not go stringy if you just do it right.. you have to put it *NOT* right on the part of the lid thats touching the eye, but right along the bottom lash-line, it makes ur eyes look bigger, but it doesnt look good on alot of ppl.. especially if you dont do ur bottom eyelashes :).
I have this liquid eyeliner..I cant figure out how to get it on so it looks good...anyone have any advice?
This makes a nice effect -
How do I apply liquid eyeliner without getting it on my eyelashes? When it gets on my eyelashes then mascara does not work right.
I have been told not to apply eyeliner on the whole bottom or top lid. Only apply it on the outside corner of your eye. It looks beautiful!!
I use an eyeliner pen (like a felt tip) on my upper & lower lids, its really easy to use. I use one from Avon. The top line is easy. I never get the lower line exactly right, but I don't worry as I always use a damp cotton bud to tidy up & get a perfect look. I apply shadow after liner as it looks softer.
I use eyeliner almost everyday when going to school etc. I put my eyeliner on the 'lidge' of the bottom of my eye. I don't know if its correct or not. I comes off really easily though. If you know a better way please let me know. Thanks
I [try to] apply eyeliner every morning for school. i have a gel type of black eyeliner, and a felt tip. i try to make my eyes look darker, but usually it gets messed up, and its not a solid black.
I have this sparkly black eyeliner pencil.
Questions about eyeliner:wer do u apply the eye liner :S??...
- Mon, Oct 16th 2006
i have big brown eyes and have been told endlessly that i should model eye make-...
- Mon, Jul 12th 2004
what is recommended. liquid eyeliner or pencil eyeliner?....
- Tue, Jun 22nd 2004
For liquid eyeliner, when I put it on my bottom lid, strings of it get into my e...
- Tue, May 25th 2004
Hello What are the differences between a smokey eyes and raccoon eyes? And ho...
- Wed, May 19th 2004
Where do you get your make up tips from?